How Do I Buy Ammo?
AMMUNITION PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS
U.S. Code 922d 1-9
(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—
- is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
- is a fugitive from justice;
- is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
- has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
- who, being an alien—
(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or
(B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));
- who 2 has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
- who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
- is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that—
(A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and
(B)(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or
(ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or
- has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
By placing an order for Ammunition, you certify you are in compliance with the following:
- You certify you are at least 21 years of age.
- You certify you have no felony convictions and are in full compliance with Local, State and 18 U.S. Code 922d 1-9, allowing for the lawful purchase of ammunition.
- You declare under penalty of perjury (under the laws of the United States of America) that all information provided to AIM, Inc. is true and correct.
It is our company policy to sell ammunition to US citizens only.
AIM, Inc. is not an exporter and cannot ship outside the U.S.A., or to freight forwarding companies who then ship outside the U.S.
You will be asked to agree to these terms BEFORE the order will be processed.
- Orders for ammunition will NOT be shipped without your confirmation to the above eligibility requirements
- Some states like Connecticut, Illinois, and New Jersey require their residents to present a copy of a firearms/ammunition owners identification card when purchasing.
- Ammunition can only ship to FFLs, or NY State licensed Sellers or Keepers of ammunition in New York.
- Feel free to contact us by phone or email if you want to make sure your appropriate licensing is already on record
Federal, State, and Local Laws Relating to Ammunition Purchases:
We comply with ALL local, state, and federal laws. The following list of state and local laws is NOT represented to be all inclusive of the 50 states’ numerous firearms, ammunition and magazine laws. You must be aware of any laws affecting your purchase.
ALASKA CUSTOMERS: No direct ammunition sales. All ammunition shipments must go through a freight forwarder.
CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: No sales of ammunition delivered to the counties of Contra Costa, Marin, and San Francisco. No ammunition delivered to the Cities of: Carson, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco and Sunnyvale. No high capacity magazine exceeding 10rds sales to anyone or dealer in CA. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.
To purchase ammunition, we need a copy of:
An FFL dealer’s license by itself (not including type 03 C&R licenses)
A valid CT permit to carry a pistol or revolver
A valid CT long gun eligibility certificate
A combination of a valid, legible copy of a CT ID/driver’s license AND a valid CT ammunition certificate.
HAWAII CUSTOMERS: No direct ammunition sales. All ammunition shipments must go through a freight forwarder.
ILLINOIS CUSTOMERS: We must have a current copy of an IL State ID or Driver’s License, and either a FOID or Concealed Carry License.
Ammunition may only be shipped to an address on either of those 2 documents: 430 ILCS 65/2
- No sales of ammunition to the City of Chicago.
MASSACHUSETTS CUSTOMERS: No sales of ammunition.
NEW JERSEY CUSTOMERS: Firearms/Ammunition identification card (FID) must accompany ammunition orders for first time.
NEW YORK CUSTOMERS: No consumer sales of ammunition. We ship ammunition orders only to FFL Dealers or NY State licensed re-sellers of ammunition .
WASHINGTON DC CUSTOMERS: No Sales of ammunition.
US TERRITORIES OF GUAM, PUERTO RICO and VIRGIN ISLAND CUSTOMERS: No direct ammunition sales. All ammunition shipments must go through a freight forwarder.
To find out more about your own State and Local Laws and Regulations, visit the informative links below: